[Gdal-dev] SetOffset/SetScale methods missing in 1.2.6 for ENVI raster bands

Carlos A. Rueda carueda at ucdavis.edu
Tue Mar 29 19:57:42 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm starting to use GDAL 1.2.6 and and see that some CreateCopy calls I
make on ENVI datasets have stopped to work as they did with GDAL 1.2.5.
I checked for pertinent changes in http://www.gdal.org/NEWS.html and on
this newsgroup but found nothing regarding possible reasons. Then I checked
the API documentation and noticed that there are new band operations
SetOffset, SetScale (which I'm not calling directly, btw) and then confirmed
with the 1.2.6 source code that they are not implemented for ENVI raster
bands, so these methods are inherited from GDALRasterBand which fail with
a CPLError. CreateCopy calls these new operations and that explains the
new behaviour.
I think this is a bug at least in 1.2.6 (I haven't checked the last cvs
snapshot). If not, how should I change my CreateCopy calls?

Many thanks
carlos