[Gdal-dev] ecw-compressing >500MB files

Brent Fraser bfraser at geoanalytic.com
Thu May 12 18:55:07 EDT 2005

Ken,

  Sounds like the gdal_translate delivered with FWTools does not use the
GPL'ed ECW SDK yet.    That's the error I got when I tried to compress > 500
mb with the old ECW library.

The unlimited ECW SDK can be compiled into gdal_translate (on Windows
anyways, I think there may be a few bugs when running on *nix ) if you're
into compiling...

Brent Fraser