[Gdal-dev] big tiff

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at gmail.com
Mon May 16 10:19:07 EDT 2005

On 5/16/05, Andrey Kiselev <dron at ak4719.spb.edu> wrote:
> On Fri, May 13, 2005 at 04:35:02PM -0400, David Burken wrote:
> > Is there a big tiff coming?  Just curious after I saw this:
> >
> > mercury> pwd
> > /mnthdb1/work/drb/libtiff/libtiff
> > mercury> grep VERSION tiff.h
> > #define TIFF_VERSION            42
> > #define TIFF_BIGTIFF_VERSION    43
>
> No real work yet. There are number of issues in libtiff which should be
> solved in order to start 64-bit TIFF implementation. Anyway, the whole
> problem is not abandoned.

Dave,

I would add to this that I am hoping to implement BigTIFF for libtiff
while I am away on vacation, which starts in a week.  No promises
on when this might be released and usable though. It might well be
that I don't get much time for it, or that I find that we should really
do a bunch more preliminary work in libtiff first.