[Gdal-dev] GML headers for JPEG2000 files

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Tue May 17 15:48:16 EDT 2005

Frank,

thanks for the quick reply. I would be mainly interested in the coordinate and georeference info in the Jp2 files. But of course, if other metadata could be added then the better.

At work we are currently using ER Mapper to convert files to ECW but are thinking to move to Jp2 because of better and standardized support of metadata. But the ER Mapper converter is not really transparent how to specify metadata, currently it seems to work just fine with a few standard projections like UTM. So we were thinking having a look at GDAL to use it instead.

How is the metadata defined in the CVS version of GDAL, via a separate file? Do you have any compiled version of the modified ECW SDK for Linux like the one from January? I was successful compiling the SDK but then could not compile GDAL with that one. It worked fine though with your pre-compiled version from January.

Best regards

Armin