[Gdal-dev] How to separate OGR from GDAL

Alessandro Amici lists at b-open-solutions.it
Mon May 30 06:50:17 EDT 2005

Mateusz,

Alle 12:03, lunedì 30 maggio 2005, Mateusz Łoskot ha scritto:
> Could anyone advise me how to separate OGR from GDAL
> in order to get only OGR functionality?
> What components do I need from GDAL?
> Is it possible?

as far as i know it is not intended to be possible (at least as a
configuration option).

you may hand-modify the build system in order to only build ogr, but
there are a number of cross-dependencies (at least there were last time
i checked) between code inside gdal/ogr and code inside gdal/frmts. it
is not trivial (or at least it was not).

if you only need ogr functionality and have size constrains i would
advise you to try and disable some gdal drivers first.

cheers,
alessandro

--
B-Open Solutions srl - http://www.bopen.it/
Sicurezza informatica e software Open Source su: