[Gdal-dev] Re: Building GDAL with eVC++ 4.0

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Tue May 31 07:22:17 EDT 2005

Kana, David napisał(a):
> Hi Mateusz, what kind of vector support do you need? I have ported GDAL to
> eVC++ 3.0 with Gtiff and Jpeg including necessary OGR support. If you are
> interested i can send you eVC++ project.

Hi David,

Some time ago, I started with my own Open GIS geometry
implementation and now I'm going to go on with my project
and implement new features.
Some days ago I found OGR as a very nice tool and
I tought I could replace my own OGC geometries with
OGR, then I could also get SRS support, etc.

So, the first requirement is to provide basic geometries as
(multi)line, (multi)poligon, (multi)point in order to
connect it (OGR vectors) to my layers/map/renderers framework.
Then I could use such library(ies) in Pocket PC mapping/GPS
applications. I use my own quad tree spatial index.

Then, after some additional work (if required) I'm going to
add SRS/coordinates transformation support.

I also would like to contribute to GDAL/OGR with
Pocket PC related features.

Talking about rasters.
I have my own rasters support. It uses tiled rasters.
So, now I do not need reastes support provided by GDAL.
But, surely I'm interested in this and I do not mind to move to GDAL
raster support.

Note: I develop only for Windows CE 4.x and higher versions.
So, I use eVC++ 4.0 (and Visual Studio 2005 when released).

So, if you don't mind, please send me your GDAL/OGR port.
Do you plan to do some work on this project and add new features from
"big" GDAL/OGR?

May be it could be nice to create a kind of branch/subproject
for Windows CE (as it is for sqlite -> sqlite-wince on SF.net)?

Best regards

--
Mateusz Łoskot, mateusz (at) loskot (dot) net
Registered Linux User #220771, Debian (Sarge)