[Gdal-dev] OGR Open question perl SWIG

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Fri Nov 11 02:39:51 EST 2005

Ethan Alpert wrote:

> I'm calling ogr::Open() and it's exiting because some VIEW I don't
> even use does not exist when it calls OCIDescribeAny...

:) sorry, that doesn't tell me anything. Maybe you have some drivers
installed that I do not? But even then I do not understand... what is
VIEW (something SQL/in a database? are you opening a database
datasource?) What's OCIDescribeAny?

The first argument to ogr::Open is a directory or, in the case of
databases, something else and the second is 0 or 1 depending if you want
to open readonly or r/w.

> Anyhow ogr2ogr seems to not exit and does it's thing....Is there some
> way I can configure ogr from perl SWIG to not exit?

I've written so far small apps with ogr (perl module) which change the
SRS of a vector data layer, open and dump a vector layer, or create a
completely new vector layers, and those are working ok. Could you please
post the whole code?

Ari