[Gdal-dev] ECW JPEG 2000 Source SDK v3.3 (RC)

Rob Cairns iotc at 3i.co.za
Sun Nov 13 10:59:29 EST 2005

I have been trying to build gdal-1.3.1 with the new ecw/jpeg2000 SDK (3.3
RC1) and MrSid on Windows XP. It compiles OK - after a minor change in the
frmts/ecw makefile to point to the correct include directory. MrSid works
very well, but trying a simple test app like gdalinfo on an ecw file causes
problems. It asks for the ermapper dlls if absent, but crashes on GDALOpen.

If I try linking to the libecwj2 library, I get an error message about
NCSecwInitInternal and NCSecwShutdownInternal from gdal. If I add these to
the libecwj2.def list (not sure this is correct?) the message disappears
and gdal compiles, but the end result is the same.

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem on Windows and has
managed to solve it? I am using the new Windows Platform SDK (April 2005).

With thanks in advance - Rob