[Gdal-dev] specifying FID in connection string

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.NL
Tue Nov 22 04:03:24 EST 2005

Hi list,

there seem to be occassional problems with the detection of a primary key using ODBC, I have experienced it using Access and now Oracle. Would it be an idea to be able to optionally specify the FID column in the connection string? I think that would solve a lot of issues.

Using my Oracle view I now get:

OGR_ODBC: Table V_BIS_LOC has no identified FID column.

I also tried using the geometry table by itself, and still no FID column could be recognized. Then I tried specifying a primary key constraint on the view with Oracle SQL, but still no FID recognition.

What do people think about this? For my applications it is quite crucial that a primary key is recognized, since otherwise Mapserver queries won't run reliably.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden