[Gdal-dev] pronounce gdal, proj]

Rich Signell rsignell at usgs.gov
Wed Nov 23 11:16:12 EST 2005

Just to chime in:

The only way I've ever heard GDAL pronounced is
"JEE-DAL", pronounced to rhyme with "Hal".

And PROJ is always pronounced to rhyme with "Lodge".
Gerry Evenden, the creator of Proj, was here at the USGS in Woods
Hole when I signed on, and that's how we always pronounce it.

-Rich

--
Richard P. Signell
U.S. Geological Survey       Phone: (508) 457-2229