[Gdal-dev] pronounce gdal, proj

Maciek Sieczka werchowyna at epf.pl
Wed Nov 23 15:02:49 EST 2005

Hi,

First of all - thanks to all who helped me to sort out the
pronunciation! Cheers!

On śro, 2005-11-23 at 18:47 +0100, Mateusz Łoskot wrote:
> On Wed, Listopad 23, 2005 11:03 am, Maciek Sieczka napisał(a):
> > Frank, All,
> >
> > How do I pronounce PROJ in English? In few days I will have to speak
> > English about PROJ.4 and GDAL for the first time. Regarding Gdal, I read
> > it should be like "goodle", is that true?
> >

> Maciek, hehe, it seems you have got interesting material about the
> evolution of GDAL name and pronouncement variations what could be funny
> for the end of your speech :-)

True :). However, whole my English speach might be funny enough
alone ;).

> BTW, let me ask you, where you'll have this speech? On a conference?
There is a project at the institute of meteorology at the Uni of
Wroclaw which I'm involved in. A part of my job is an introduction into
coordinate system handling in Grass, geodata reprojection etc. And I
need to do it in English as there will be several non-Poles.

BTW, that's the main reason there is no open Grass workshop this year at
meteo like every year :(. This year it is striclty focused on using
Grass for the mentioned project.

Maciek