[Gdal-dev] Re: GDAL 1.3.1 Alpha 2 Released

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sun Oct 2 17:11:51 EDT 2005

Charlie Savage kirjoitti:

> I just meant having all the tests in one place, i.e., gdalautotest.
> For Ruby, I just created a Ruby directory and then ported some of the
> Python tests to Ruby.  But I think you should write the tests that are
> most appropriate for the language.

I don't see much point in porting the gdalautotest code to Perl since
the scope of that is so much larger than the test code for the Perl API.

> I tend to agree with you that I'd like the tests in the GDAL CVS
> project (makes them more obvious), but I think that a matter of debate
> (integrated tests or separate tests) without a clearly better answer.

Let's have that debate? Or was there such already? I can't think of any
good reason to keep the tests separate but many to have them integrated
and a standard part of any compilation+installation.

Cheers,

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics