[Gdal-dev] exportToGEOS performance

Pirmin Kalberer sp_ml at sourcepole.com
Thu Oct 6 11:54:55 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm using the GEOS polygonizer for the OGR Interlis driver. But the
polygonization is quite slow because of the exportToGEOS call. The code looks
like this:

    geos::Geometry *poThisGeosGeom = poLines->exportToGEOS(); //slow
    geos::Polygonizer* polygonizer = new geos::Polygonizer();
    polygonizer->add(poThisGeosGeom);
    vector<geos::Polygon*> *poOtherGeosGeom = polygonizer->getPolygons();

We're talking about exporting 1677 OGRLineString's in about 1'20'' and
polygonizing them within a few second.

Is there a faster way for doing this?

Regards,
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions