[Gdal-dev] Newbie with OGR Perl bindings

Matt Foster Matthew.Foster at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 7 09:46:22 EDT 2005

Ari Jolma wrote:

> Matt Foster kirjoitti:
>
>> Would anyone have a sample code snippet they'd be willing to share,
>> showing how to create a simple point shapefile with the OGR Perl
>> binding?
>

> look at  the test.pl in swig/perl, it creates and opens raster and
> vector data files
>
> Ari

Ari,

Something is wrong with my installation here.  When I tried to run
test.pl it said that it could find a loadable module for gdalconst,
despite the fact that gdalconst.pm is in my @INC list.  I think in my
effort yesterday to get around the compilation failure of gdal_wrap.cpp,
I fouled up the installation.  I think I need to step back, and start fresh.

I worked on the assumption yesterday that to get the Perl bindings built
and installed that I would do these steps from the gdal base directory
(I also use netCDF)...

./configure --with-netcdf=<path to netcdf> --with-perl
make
make install

Is that incorrect?  If those are indeed the right steps, then I need to
figure out why gdal_wrap.cpp fails to build.

Matt

--
"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little
-- Benjamin Franklin