[Gdal-dev] RE: Computing srcwin fails

Morten Nielsen mn at blominfo.dk
Wed Oct 12 04:10:24 EDT 2005

>The problem is that gdal_translate does not support "srcwin"
>regions that fall off the source raster, even partially.  You might
>be better off using gdalwarp for at least these tiles.  Gdalwarp
>is "savvy" about sampling from an input that only partly
>intersects the desired tile area.

I resolved the issue by adding a small black dummy image to the VRT that
where placed further out of the image, which then extended the bounds of
the VRT. Then I could just do as I usually do :-)

...but why not let gdal_translate support writing a srcwin that is
partially covered by the input image's extents?

Best regards
Morten