[Gdal-dev] OGR and GEOS Integration

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 21 12:05:02 EDT 2005

Folks,

I have completed work so that OGR's GEOS integration is
accomplished using the new GEOS C API when built against
the GEOS 3.0.0 (CVS) tree.  Amoung other things this allows
a Visual Studio .NET built version of GEOS to be used with
a Visual Studio 6 built version of GDAL/OGR.

The FWTools 1.0.0a5 release will include this capability.

OGR is *supposed* to use the C++ API when built with versions
of GEOS before 3.0.0 but let me know if you encounter any
problems.