[Gdal-dev] Re: [FWTools] gdal_merge.bat

Matt Wilkie matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca
Fri Oct 28 14:23:30 EDT 2005

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> On 10/28/05, Matt Wilkie <matt.wilkie at gov.yk.ca> wrote:
>> @echo off
>> :: My_Merge.bat
>> CALL gdal_merge.bat -o out_1.tif -of GTiff in_1.tif in_2.tif in_3.tif
>> CALL gdal_merge.bat -o out_2.tif -of GTiff in_3.tif in_4.tif in_5.tif
>> echo --- Done!
>
> Matt,
>
> Good debugging!  I have reproduced this behavior here as well but
> I don't understand it.  I see the same thing occurs if I have
> even a simple .bat file invoke another simple .bat file without
> call.

That's just the nature of Windows command shell, control is not returned
to the original batch file unless CALLed. It's been that way for as long
as I can remember (DOSv3). If I'd realised that on windows typing
"gdal_merge" actually used gdal_merge.bat I'd have figured out it more
quickly.

cheers,

--
matt wilkie