[Gdal-dev] gdal_translate error

Graham Davis gdavis at refractions.net
Fri Oct 28 16:38:45 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to convert some adf files to ascii (AAIGrid format).  I am
using the following command line:

./gdal_translate -of AAIGrid
../../../home/gdavis/tserver/italia_geo_2/dblbnd.adf
../../../raid/tmp/gdavis/tserver/2/dblbnd.asc

I get the following error everytime I try:

Input file size is 76056, 62770
0...10...20.ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 3405
ERROR 1: GetBlockRef failed at X block offset 0, Y block offset 3405

The adf files load fine in ArcMap.  The file is about 6.1GB when it
dies, and I have plenty of space left on the drive.  I've ensured there
is no LFS or large file problems on the linux system (as the 6.1GB file
size should prove).  My guess is that gdal thinks the file is corrupted
in some way, but since ArcMap is able to open it fine, I don't know how
accurate that is.

Does anyone have some ideas or input as to what might be causing this
problem?  Thanks,

--
Graham Davis
Refractions Research Inc.