[Gdal-dev] Problem compiling Mapserver against GDAL with ECW sdk undefined references

James Browne James.Browne at liu.edu
Mon Oct 31 18:12:35 EST 2005

Hi all,

   Usually an undefined reference  is from a library path problem of version problems with header files. I think that I have double checked for them. GDAL command line utilities find the new ECW libraries and they seem to find each other. Trying gdal-config --libs returns the expected value.

   But when I compile Mapserver 4.6.1 against GDAL 1.3.1 that uses the latest source for ECW SDK 3.3 and even try adjusting mapserver's --prefix --libdir configure options, I still get the following errors (abbreviated series)

user: undefined reference to Inside
user: undefined reference to Case
user: undefined reference to Cut
user: undefined reference to Ensure
user: undefined reference to Accused::Set()'
user: undefined reference to Finished::Resume()'
user: undefined reference to Clothes
user: undefined reference to `CNCSThread::GetStats()'
etc.

   Does anyone have any ideas?

   Thanks
          Jim