[Gdal-dev] Imagine overviews option

Garrett Potts potts at cfl.rr.com
Fri Sep 16 12:42:35 EDT 2005

Hello FRank and others:

Actually it seems if anything were to be added it would be best to
add it to the XML option string for the hfa dataset???
I am not sure if frank likes this or not but this would give a
generic way, without changing any current interfaces, of specifying
writer specific overview dataset creation options.

   <Option name='HFA_USE_RRD' type='boolean' description='Use
external rrd file for overview building, default NO'/>

Not sure if this is what the create options was intended?  If not
then maybe some other metadata NAME could be added for the HFA
specific way of creating an overview?

Take care

Garrett