[Gdal-dev] mingw build

Pete Nagy Peter.Nagy at vexcel.com
Fri Sep 16 16:58:50 EDT 2005

Thanks Eric, but I do need python.  I'm trying to make some OpenEV
enhancements, and OpenEV uses gdal with python.

I just found a pyMinGW site
http://jove.prohosting.com/iwave/ipython/pyMinGW.html
which says that

"This project is for those who, armed with the fact that Python is itself
an open source project, have many a time asked that Python support an open
source compiler on the Windows platform."

I have found myself asking this question about project after project, as
I try to build things like vtk or openev dependencies using mingw and
cygwin.  Sigh.

Maybe I'll just make this change in linux and try to persuade Frank that
it should be added to gdal, and then just use the next windows binary
(compiled using the preferred(?!) VC)!

-> Pete

Pete Nagy                                        tel: (303) 583-0248
Vexcel Corporation                               fax: (303) 583-0246
http://www.vexcel.com                           home: (303) 823-2336