[Gdal-dev] cpl_config.h

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Sat Sep 24 12:57:12 EDT 2005

Hi,

I find it a bit problematic that gdal installs configure generated
cpl_config,h into public include dir. I use autoconf also for libral and
do the same, so when I say #include "ogr_api.h" in libral, I get a lot
of warnings because of constants are redefined.

Problem with my ral_config.h is that there are some things which are
needed by _the header files_, so I have to have it.

Googling gave me this:
http://www.andamooka.org/reader.pl?pgid=autobookautobook_97 which I
should probably read carefully.

How do other projects, which use both autoconf and gdal manage this?
Should gdal stop installing cpl_config?

Ari

--
Prof. Ari Jolma
Kartografia ja Geoinformatiikka / Cartography and Geoinformatics