[Gdal-dev] Access window out of range

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Sep 27 12:19:54 EDT 2005

On 9/27/05, Richard Greenwood <richard.greenwood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Using gdalwarp to patch one tiff into another tiif, I am getting a lot
> of errors like:
>   ERROR 5: Access window out of range in RasterIO().  Requested
>     (0,13398) of size 0x0 on raster of 12900x12120.
> Searching the list I found a few referrences to "Access window out of
> range" errors, but I could not get a sense of where to start looking
> to isoltae the problem. It seems to related to the use of:
>   -srcalpha
> I am trying to use an alhpa channel to mask nodata areas.
> If I patch an rgb image into an rgb image it's okay.
> If I patch an rgba into an rgba, it's okay, but the aplha channel is ignored.
> If I patch an rgba into an rgba using -srcalpha I get " Access window
> out of range".

Rich,

What resampling kernel are you using?  What version of GDAL?
I vaguely recall at least one fix for a problem like this during
the summer, and there have been some fixes related to alpha handling
even quite recently.  You might want to see if the same problem happens
with FWTools 1.0.0a1.

If it still happens there, then I would appreciate a bug report with data to
demonstrate.