[Gdal-dev] OGR Georeference

Rob McCulley RMcCulley at county24.com
Wed Apr 19 13:01:13 EDT 2006

After a closer inspection of the files, it appears that there are two types.  The first that I had seen earlier, the center of each file is 0,0 and I have no idea what the units are, something large.  The x range across the entire file is -5.5 to 5.5, and that corresponds to a single township.  My township file was created from the 2005 ATSCOR file available from Altalis, these are almost definately something older.

The second set of files are in some form of UTM projection.  I have no info on them other than what was written on the CD: NAD83 - UTM - Metres.  These are files of pipelines in Alberta, and I've heard that Alberta T & U had a custom projection that they used, but I don't know the specs on it at all.

I've tried setting them as 10TM, but that wasn't right.

Thanks,
Rob