[Gdal-dev] problem writing ecw (gdal in FWTools-1.0.5)

Lionel Bargeot l.bargeot at educagri.fr
Mon Aug 7 12:19:15 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I use a WMS server with FWTools-1.0.5 binary distribution on Linux.

I can serve ECW files (with mapserv as WMS) larger than 50 Mo when the
source is tiled geotif images.
When datasource is tiled ecw files, I have the following error message
when generated images are (about) larger than 4000x4000 pixels :

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named MYLAYERNAME .
NCScbmReadViewLineBIL failed.: Unable to access file. GDALRasterIO()
failed: drawGDAL()

For smaller images, no problem

Any idea ?
Do you think the problem will be solved if I compile my own gdal library ?

Thanks

Lionel