[Gdal-dev] missing gcp projection

list67 at netscape.net list67 at netscape.net
Tue Aug 8 10:38:07 EDT 2006

Hi.

A program that I wrote includes the following lines in order to copy GCPs and the GCP projection from one dataset (BSB) to another (GTiff):

int nGCPs = GDALGetGCPCount(srcImage);
GDAL_GCP* pasGCPs = GDALDuplicateGCPs(nGCPs, GDALGetGCPs(srcImage));
GDALSetGCPs(dstImage, nGCPs, pasGCPs, GDALGetGCPProjection(srcImage));

After the program comletes, running gdal_info seems to indicate that the .tif file does not have the GCP projection that the BSB file has.  The .tif file has the GCPs, but not the GCP projection.

The missing GCP projeciton seems to prevent gdalwarp from being able to reproject the .tif file.

It seems that a gdal_translate (which might call CreateCopy) seems to include the GCP projection, but I think that for this program, calling CreateCopy would not work for other reasons.

Do you know what can be done such that the GCP projection is included in the .tif file?

Thank you for your time.

    Mike

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.