[Gdal-dev] Re: Fwd: gdal swig interface Band.i Updated

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Thu Aug 17 10:37:56 EDT 2006

Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
> Dear Mr Warmerdam,
> Could you please update the Band.i interface resulting from our
> discussions (between me, you and Mr. Charlie Savage)?
>
> The section which needs to be updated is:
>
> %apply (int *OUTPUT){int *blockXSize, int *blockYSize}
>    void GetBlockSize(int *blockXSize, int *blockYSize){
>                GDALGetBlockSize(self, blockXSize, blockYSize);
>    }
> %clear (int *blockXSize, int *blockYSize);
>
> instead of the actual version:
>
> void GetBlockSize(int *OUTPUT, int *OUTPUT){
>               GDALGetBlockSize(self, blockXSize, blockYSize);
>   }

Daniele,

A night or two ago I noticed things weren't even building with the old
setup (since the name OUTPUT was used twice I suppose), so I changed it to
this:

%apply (int *OUTPUT){int *pnBlockXSize, int *pnBlockYSize}

   void GetBlockSize(int *pnBlockXSize, int *pnBlockYSize) {
       GDALGetBlockSize(self, pnBlockXSize, pnBlockYSize);
   }

Things now at least build, though the test suite does not use this
method.  I'd appreciate your verifying that this is working.

I apologize for not dealing with this sooner.  I kind of got lost in
the exchange between you and Charlie.