[Gdal-dev] Debug assertion failed in GDAL/OGR-1.3.2

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Dec 1 12:45:33 EST 2006

Jean-Daniel GONON wrote:
> Mateusz,
>
> GDAL/OGR is a project that I manage only with Visual C++ 2003.

Jean,

I'm sorry, but the statement "GDAL/OGR is a project that I manage only
with Visual C++ 2003." is too general.

"Visual C++ 2003" is a name of compiler but also a name of
the whole IDE. So, it's important to precise how you compile GDAL, using
Visual C++ compiler from command line or from the IDE.

There are *no* official project files to compile GDAL with Visual C++
from  the IDE. IOW, there are no *.sln and *.vcproj files.
The *only* official way to compile GDAL using Visual C++ compiler is to
use NMAKE program and provided makefile.vc files.

> I don't use makefile.vc, nor nmake.opt.

So, how do you build GDAL?
Have you created your own DLL project file to compile GDAL?

> But I use command lines only to test "gdal.dll" with ogrinfo.exe (that
> is why I call vsvars32.bat).

Hmm, you should *not* need to run vsvars32.bat to use GDAL library and
command line utilities, like ogrinfo.exe.
I don't understand why you run this script.

> I think I use in my VC++ project files same options as specified in
> nmake.opt from www.gdal.ogr.
> But I am not sure for all flags (you can see in attachement file, if you
> want)

Ah, now I understand you use your own project files for Visual C++.
That's the info I was asking for :-)
I don't see anything suspicious in your project file, all flags looks good.

Unfortunately, I don't have any solution for the problem :-(

I'd suggest you to compile your GDAL version without Xerces support,
without linking with Xerces and see if it will help.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net