[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr : creating Multipolygones shapefiles from Postgis

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Sat Dec 2 02:07:38 EST 2006

Marc Jacquin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> For example this works fine for polygons:
> Ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" d:/test.shp PG:"dbname=xxxx user=xxx host=xxx
> password=xxx port=xxx" -sql "select the_geom from mytable where .... "
>
> If you use it with a multipolygon PostGIS geometry, it creates an empty Line
> shapefile.
>
> I could get around by using the where clause instead of the sql clause:
>
> Ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" d:/test.shp PG:"dbname=xxxx user=xxx host=xxx
> password=xxx port=xxx" mytable -where "...."
>
> Should I file a bug?
>
> I use the binary version of FWTools 1.10.

Marc,

I tried something similar to this with current GDAL/OGR from CVS and wasn't
able to reproduce the problem.  Did FWTools 1.1.0 include the fixes I made
a couple days ago for Bill?  I don't think so.  So I suspect this problem
has already been fixed.

I'd suggest you try again with FWTools 1.1.1 when it comes out (likely
Monday or so) and if the problem persists, then file a bug with lots of
detail on how to reproduce the problems.