[Gdal-dev] Build csharp swig (from real newbie)

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:57:20 EST 2006

2006/12/4, Tamas Szekeres <szekerest at gmail.com>:
> 2006/12/4, Alan <alankeown at southernphone.com.au>:
> > Howard & Tamas,
> > I changed the line
> >
> >     link /dll /debug $(OGR_INCLUDE) $(BASE_INCLUDE) ogr_wrap.obj \
> >                 $(EXTERNAL_LIBS) ..\..\gdal.lib\
> >                  /out:gdal_ogr_wrap.dll $(LINKER_FLAGS)
> >
> >     link /dll /debug $(OGR_INCLUDE) $(BASE_INCLUDE) ogr_wrap.obj \
> >                 $(EXTERNAL_LIBS) ..\..\gdal_i.lib\
> >                  /out:gdal_ogr_wrap.dll $(LINKER_FLAGS)
> >
> > In swig/csharp/makefile.vc and nmake ran without error.
> >

> I've just changed the necessary files in the CVS for supporting the
> dynamic linking to the gdal dll. You should use the csharp.opt to set
> up the desired meth

Arrgh. Google has accidentally sent my partially written email.

So continuing this letter, you might want to comment out
CSHARP_STATIC_LINKAGE = YES
so as to use the linkage you have set previously.

However I would favour the static linkage, and it seems to be an odd
behaviour you have encountered. Both of the methods are working for me
pretty well.

Maybe you have to fully recompile the core gdal to make it work.

Best Regards,

Tamas