[Gdal-dev] Documenting the Swig bindings

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Dec 7 17:31:25 EST 2006

Bindings developers,

What do you think, would it be a good idea to document the bindings
directly in code? Are the different language versions similar enough
that it would make sense to write documentation into the interface
files, and then produce the docs with doxygen? The language
differences/particulars could be covered in a separate section perhaps.

I made this try: http://map.hut.fi/doc/GDAL_OGR_Bindings/html/index.html

The only problem is that doxygen needs some help with the *.i files. I
used the doxygenfilter. I extended it with a very simple
SwigInterfaceFilter, which basically removes the Swig-specific
%-commands and removes the "Shadow" string before it gives the file to
doxygen. Otherwise I just created almost vanilla Doxyfile and ran doxygen.

Regards,

Ari