[Gdal-dev] Big Thanks to GDAL developers and list readers

JEFFERY BULLARD jeffbullard at verizon.net
Fri Dec 22 20:44:13 EST 2006

Just want to issue a big thanks to the GDAL developers.  Within about a
month I've got a Mapserver site running (starting from literally nowhere
newbie territory) that does gdal transformations using scripts and
on-the-fly reprojection to display astronomy forecast maps for the
continental US.

You can check out what we've done at http://www.astroforecast.org
<http://www.astroforecast.org/>  , which is no-advertising
not-for-profit site running from my home.   If you're an amateur
astronomer and live in the CONUS then you may find the site useful.

GDAL is a great bundle of tools and I can't say enough thanks for
helping me accomplish this site.

Special thanks to Frank W.  Every time I had an obstacle I found good
documentation and help to get past the issue.  Kudos to all the
developers and the rest of the GDAL and Mapserver community.

Where do I send my donation?!!