[Gdal-dev] export an image to ascii text file

Matthew Perry perrygeo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 16:47:37 EST 2006

Xiaodong,

  There is a python script distributed with recent versions of gdal
called "gdal2xyz.py" . I haven't used it for multi-band images and it
appears that the script handles a single band at a time. You could use
this to create a seperate text file for each band or modify it to
output all bands to a single file.

matt