[Gdal-dev] ECW File open failed

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Feb 7 11:00:51 EST 2006

On 2/7/06, Ken Sewell <sewell at dramail.com> wrote:

> Yes, "gdalinfo --formats" does list "ECW (rw)"
>
> I went ahead and downloaded the 3.3 RC1 and tried it on my 32-bit and my
> 64-bit.  gdalinfo on both machines show ECW in the formats list.  ECW on
> the 32-bit seems to work, same error on the 64-bit.  The examples
> included with ecwsdk3.3rc1 do run on the 64-bit system.  I'm trying to
> dig further.  Is there an easy way to build a debug version of gdal?  I
> haven't found a config option or a makefile target to do this yet.

Ken,

How to build GDAL in debug mode is a closely guarded secret.
But if you promise not to tell anyone else, I'll pass it on.

Set the CFG environment variable to debug before building and
the debug options will be used.

eg.
$ export CFG=debug
$ make

Remember, it's secret.  I do this in a completely nonstandard
way to ensure no one but me (and now you) can debug GDAL.