[Gdal-dev] OGR Geometry Contains() function

Mateusz Łoskot mateusz at loskot.net
Wed Feb 8 10:36:06 EST 2006

Aykut KOÇAK wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> In OGR object tree, is there any chance to adjust some kind of treshold
> for Contains() and similar compare functions? I have some data collected
> with GPS which has got 20 - 40 meters difference from my LINESTRINGs and
> I'd like to match these 2 datasets with a accuracy of eg.30 meters.
> P.S. : using python

Take a look at OGRGeometry::Buffer or geos::Geometry::buffer

http://www.gdal.org/ogr/classOGRGeometry.html#ce5cb0b6728fa36d7e8e8a679244640c
http://geos.refractions.net/ro/doxygen_docs/html/classgeos_1_1Geometry.html#a40

They will return buffer as object of type of geometry and then you can
perform spatial relations checks.

I'm not sure they are exposed for Python.
Cheers
--
Mateusz Łoskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net