[Gdal-dev] Failed to load NAD27-83 correction file

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Thu Feb 9 17:05:42 EST 2006

Craig -

That error generally means that the required correction file can't be
found.  This is because either (a) the NAD grid shift files are not
installed properly, or (b) you are requesting a conversion for an area
outside the valid(installed) grid shift domains.

Those extents don't make sense as EPSG:4267 input values.  A part of the
conversion being attempted is to do a NAD datum shift with a longitude
of 373369 and a latitude of 6127595.  I believe the logic in PROJ will
permit those to be loaded (they may be clipped to "sane" values, I'm not
sure) and then PROJ will find that there is no valid grid shift file
available for that "location".

What is the correct input and desired output projection, and what is the
desired output extent in units of the output projection?

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.