[Gdal-dev] Failed writing MultiLineString for MapInfo file

Ari Jolma ari.jolma at tkk.fi
Thu Feb 9 18:30:19 EST 2006

The new version of mitab_feature.cpp causes me problems.

It makes the swig/perl test.pl fail (quite correctly so I think) but
when I fix the test.pl and add the required geometry
(wkbMultiLineString) into the test feature, the mitab still fails,
although I believe I'm making it correctly. I.e. I make first a
LineString and put that into the MultiLineString.

I think the culprit is mitab_feature.cpp:2113, which has TAB_GEOM_PLINE
and not TABL_GEOM_MULTIPLINE? Because here is the failure. Maybe
somebody could test creating MultiLineStrings with MapInfo files in
Python or something else?

By the way, in this case CPLError is called twice, first with
"TABPolyline: Object contains invalid.." and then  "Failed writing
geometry for feature..". Does the 2nd overwrite the 1st? At least in
wrappers we just get the latter error text.

Still another thing, the wrapper codes in swig/perl, at least
ogr_wrap.cpp is old and buggy (has throws!) and should be replaced by
running "make wrappers".

I did not get very far in my gdal/ogr/swig/perl intro :)

Ari