[Gdal-dev] extra qualification 'FITRasterBand::' on member 'FITRasterBand'

Mike Leahy mgleahy at golden.net
Fri Feb 17 11:48:11 EST 2006

Hello list,

I'm wondering if anyone might recognize the errors I'm getting below
when I try to compile gdal.  I'm currently running FC5 test 2...I'm
pretty sure I got the same version to compile fine on FC4, so maybe this
is an issue with gcc-4.1.0 that is the current release for FC5?  At any
rate, regardless of what options I include in the configuration (i.e.,
disabling/internalizing as many options as possible), I get the same
result.  I don't see anything recent in the list that suggests anyone
else has the same problem...

Any ideas?  Should I just forget about getting this to work on FC5/gcc4
for now?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Mike

fitdataset.cpp:177: error: extra qualification 'FITRasterBand::' on
member 'FITRasterBand'
fitdataset.cpp: In static member function 'static GDALDataset*
FITDataset::Open(GDALOpenInfo*)':
fitdataset.cpp:1019: warning: dereferencing type-punned pointer will
break strict-aliasing rules
make[2]: *** [../o/fitdataset.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/data/gdal-1.3.1/frmts/fit'
make[1]: *** [fit-install-obj] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/data/gdal-1.3.1/frmts'
make: *** [frmts-target] Error 2