[Gdal-dev] GMT to Geotiff, transform and recolor

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at aliceposta.it
Tue Feb 28 12:59:04 EST 2006

Hi,
I was wondering if with GDAL I could take a GMT grid file, transform
it into a GeoTiff, and assign a color table to the values at the same time.
I have looked at the gdal_translate tool, but it does not seem to support
re-coloring.

If not possible with command line tools, would it be possible to perform the
operation using the gdal VB6 bindings?

Best regards
Andrea Aime

PS: what I'm trying to achieve is to take a set of georeferenced values (say,
air temperatures), interpolate them with GMT using splines with tension,
perform some map algebra to adjust interpolated temperatures to the elevation,
and then display a colored map. Unfortunately I'm stuck with VB for this
project, and I cannot use GRASS because it's just too big (with GMT I can cherry
pick the commands I need and I don't need to create fancy directory structures
on the disk).