[Gdal-dev] DWG/DXF *Writing* Driver for OGR

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 3 16:13:47 EST 2006

Folks,

With the support of OSGIS and the Dutch Directorate for Public
Works and Water Management, Rijkswaterstaat, Adviesdienst
Geo-informatie en ICT (RWS AGI), I have implemented an
OGR driver for writing DXF and DWG files.

The driver is documented at:
  http://www.gdal.org/ogr/drv_dxfdwg.html

It depends on the Open Design Alliance DWGdirect library,
which is not properly open source.   I would also stress
that the driver is currently write-only.  There is currently no
support for reading DXF or DWG files in OGR.

Those interested in testing the driver should build GDAL/OGR
from a nightly CVS snapshot, and will need to acquire the
DWGdirect libraries from the Open Design Alliance themselves.
I am interested in feedback.