[Gdal-dev] MrSID ESDK problems

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jan 10 09:03:16 EST 2006

On 1/10/06, Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) <bartvde at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> we are having some problems getting the MrSID ESDK to work with GDAL CVS
> (04-01-2006). We have bought the ESDK from Lizardtech.

Bart,

What version is the ESDK?

> It is listed as output format, but gdal_translate won't write a MrSID
> file, it reports something like output format not supported.

Does "gdalinfo --format mrsid" have a line reporting
"Supports: CreateCopy()..."?

> Any ideas what this could be? Thanks in advance.

Are you building on windows or linux?   Is the -DMRSID_ESDK
compile option in effect when mrsiddataset.cpp is compiled?
My guess is some sort of configuration problem is preventing
from the encoding support getting enabled.