[Gdal-dev] Single ECW from multiple tiles

José Vicente Higón Valero higon_jos at gva.es
Wed Jan 18 02:21:38 EST 2006

Hi list,
I want to get a single ECW from a set of ECW tiles. I have been reading
into the list, specifically the thread with title "single ECW output
from multiple input tiles". At first, I got a VRT file using the script
posted to the list by Gabriel Ebner:
  # gdal_vrtmerge.py -o test.vrt *.ecw
Next, I tried to convert the VRT into a ECW:
  # gdal_translate -of ECW --config ECW_LARGE_OK YES test.vrt test.ecw
but I get this error after a few seconds:
  "ERROR 1: TryWinRasterIO() failed for blocked scanline."
  "ERROR 1: IReadBlock failed at X offset 0, Y offset 1449"

I'm using gdal 1.3.1 with libecwj2-3.3 on a suse 9.0.
  #uname -a
  #Linux chevi 2.4.21-99-default #1 Wed Sep 24 13:30:51 UTC 2003 i686
i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Any clue?
Thanks in advance.
--