[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp state plane?

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Jan 18 19:25:27 EST 2006

On 1/18/06, Prasanth Chintamaneni <prasanth at louisiana.edu> wrote:
> I am trying to reproject my data using the below command,
>
> gdalwarp -s_srs "EPSG:26982" -t_srs "+proj=latlong +datum=WGS84"
>
> I am getting the following error
>
> ERROR 6: EPSG PCS/GCS code 26982 not found in EPSG support files.  Is this a
> valid

Prasanth,

What version of GDAL are you using?  Is it from a packaged
build?  What platform?  It seems to work for me.

Most likely the support files with the EPSG definitions are not
being found.  They will have names like gcs.csv and pcs.csv.  If
you find them, try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable
to point to the directory containing them.