[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr segfaults with large SQL statement

Bruce Raup brauplists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:41:18 EST 2006

Hello all,

I am experiencing segmentation faults with ogr2ogr when doing a query on a
PostGIS database and converting the result to a shapefile.  It happens when
the query string is very long -- the threshold is somewhere between 2500 and
3500 characters, I think.  I looked through the source code but couldn't
find any statically allocated memory related to that.  Can someone please
give me a hint on how to fix this in the source?  Or could the limit be
greatly extended officially?

I understand that I can use ogr2ogr to *add* records to a shapefile too, so
I think I can call ogr2ogr multiple times as a work-around.

Thanks in advance for any input,
Bruce

--
Bruce Raup