[Gdal-dev] [OT] determining EPSG codes

Thom DeCarlo t.r.decarlo at larc.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 20 16:49:18 EST 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to figure out how to load shapefiles into a PostGIS database.
(I'm also learning about PostGIS.) The next thing on my list of things to
learn is how to determine the map projection EPSG code for my data files. I
went to the EPSG.org website and downloaded lots of documentation and a
pretty nice little Access database containing all the codes and their
descriptions. However, I haven't found any simple way to determine, given a
Projection+Datum+Ellipsoid, how to find the EPSG code.

Can anyone provide a little guidance here?

Thanks,
Thom

--
Thom DeCarlo