[Gdal-dev] OCI-22165 index out-of-range appending PGDB -> Oracle Spatial

Dave Fuhry dfuhry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 21:43:42 EST 2006

When appending a personal geodatabase to an Oracle Spatial table with
the following command:

C:\PGDB-12202005>ogr2ogr -update -append -f OCI OCI:taxmap/taxmap1
LB011.mdb StreetCenterline -lco INDEX=OFF

I get this error:

ERROR 1: OCI-22165: given index [1048576] must be in the range of [0]
to [1048575]
 in OCICollAppend
ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed

Without the " -update -append" it works fine.  I'm getting a little
lost in the OCI code but it looks like the error occurs in
ogrocitablelayer.cpp, line 1025 in the OCICollAppend() method call,
which OCI docs say appends an element to a collection (which would be
an SDO_ELEM_INFO_ARRAY or SDO_ORDINATE_ARRAY in out case).

This Intergraph GeoMedia FAQ entry
http://support.intergraph.com/geomedia/faq.asp#97 indicates that the
number of coordinates I'm trying to add may be maxing out the number
allowed in an Oracle SDO array.  But why would it work ok creating a
table but fail for an append?  I tried the command without "-update"
and it fails then too.

I'm using 1.3.1.  Any idea of where I should be looking to diagnose this?

Thanks,

Dave Fuhry