[Gdal-dev] GDAL with ECW SDK 3.3 on Mac OS X

Armin Burger armin.burger at gmx.net
Thu Jan 26 13:55:05 EST 2006

Hello

I guess that some folks succeeded in compiling GDAL with ECW support
under Max OS X (Tiger).  I tried the combination GDAL 1.3.1 and ECW SDK
3.3 RC1. After applying the once on this list mentioned small patch for
the SDK it compiled fine.

Then GDAL gives an error during the configure script:

checking for libNCSEcw.so or libecwj2... configure: error: not found in
/usr/local/lib or /usr/local/bin.

The libraries of ECW are under /usr/local/lib. I checked the configure
script and just tried a link

  /usr/local/libecwj2.dylib -> /usr/local/lib/libNCSEcw.0.0.0.dylib

The configure then went on. Also the compilation went quite far. But
somewhere towards the end of the make I get the error

ld: Undefined symbols:
__ZN10CNCSThread10GetCurrentEv
__ZN10CNCSThread11EnableStatsEv
__ZN10CNCSThread11GetPriorityEv
__ZN10CNCSThread11IsSuspendedEv
__ZN10CNCSThread11SetPriorityE17NCSThreadPriority
__ZN10CNCSThread11ThreadYieldEv
__ZN10CNCSThread12DisableStatsEv
__ZN10CNCSThread3RunEv
__ZN10CNCSThread4ExitEi
__ZN10CNCSThread4StopEb
__ZN10CNCSThread5GetIDEv
__ZN10CNCSThread5SpawnEPvb
__ZN10CNCSThread6ResumeEv
__ZN10CNCSThread7SuspendEv
__ZN10CNCSThread8GetStatsEv
__ZN10CNCSThread8GetSysIDEv
__ZN10CNCSThread9IsRunningEv
__ZN10CNCSThread9TerminateEv
__ZN9CNCSError15GetErrorMessageEPcz
__ZN9CNCSErrorC1E8NCSErrorPciN7CNCSLog11NCSLogLevelEPKc
__ZN9CNCSErrorC1ERKS_
__ZN9CNCSErrorD1Ev
__ZN9CNCSErroraSERKS_
_NCSGetErrorText
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed
make[1]: *** [libgdal.la] Error 1
make: *** [check-lib] Error 2

Does anybody have a clue what this could mean?

I set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH and LD_INCLUDE_PATH to all directories where I
think it was needed.

Thanks for any help,

Armin