[Gdal-dev] Reducing geotiff colors to a standard LUT

Zhonghai Wang zhonghaiw at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 02:50:43 EDT 2006

Hi Jed,

I've got the same problem with my TIFFs, but in my case they are 24bit RGB
images. I tried to adjust the colors and then merge them. I even convert
them to 8bit images with LUTs, but I failed.

AFAIK, you can merge them together under the RGB model with the GDAL
commands like:

1. pct2rgb.py
2. gdal_merge.py
3. rgb2pct.py

but I don't know if this really works. IMO, you may get some troubles with
the command rgb2pct.py.

help this can help.

zhonghai