[Gdal-dev] [Fwd: [Geotools-devel] Google Summer Of Code]

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Thu Jul 6 12:53:38 EDT 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> During the GDAL-SWIG-WINDOWS setup process I have encountered some
> difficults (during the building process) using Visual C++ Express
> Edition (and wasting a bit of time).
> Finally, I have installed Visual C++ 2003, tuned the makefile and now it
> works.

I'm interested in what problems Daniele encountered so she (forgive me
if I recognized the name incorrectly) is not able
to build with Visual C++ Express Edition.
I'm building GDAL with Visual C++ EE quite frequently without any problem.
I can give my hand to help with this.

Frank, what do you think?

Cheers
--