[Gdal-dev] "collect2: ld returned 1 exit status" building ogrinfo

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Mon Jul 10 09:18:44 EDT 2006

Mateusz Loskot wrote:
>> I'll report it to strk as soon as I meet him.
>> I suppose this problem can be solved with GEOS' ./configure switches
>> to enable/disable inline expansion of functions.
>>
>> Maciej, could you try to build GDAL + GEOS on your box and see
>> if you will get errors listed above about undefined references in libgeos_c?
>>
>> I'll try to fix/explain the libgeos_c issues very soon.
>> I'm sorry for those problems and thanks for reporting them!
>
> I posted a message about this issue to GEOS list.
> Here it is in the archive:
>
> http://geos.refractions.net/pipermail/geos-devel/2006-July/002432.html

The problem with "undefined references" in libgeos_c is on the GDAL side.
Long story is here:
http://geos.refractions.net/pipermail/geos-devel/2006-July/002436.html

Unfortunately I have no idea why libtool can't link GDAL with GEOS
if used.

Frank,
Do you have any idea?

Maciej,

As you can read in my post on the GEOS list, use --without-libtool when
building GDAL:

./configure --without-libtool ...rest of your options.

This change is transparent for you, I mean you won't notice any
changes in GDAL behaviour or you won't need to take any further steps
to build it. Just pass it and build as usually: make, make install.
It should work. I tested it today with GDAL CVS and GEOS 2.2.3.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net